Broadway’s Babies Fellow
Teach music as a Broadway’s Babies Fellow at the Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project in Tamil-Nadu, India!
Funded through the efforts of the Broadway community, the Broadway’s Babies fellowship provides primary music instructors for choir, private piano and voice lessons, and lower school general music education classes.
Fellowship includes travel expenses (airfare and visa fees) and a monthly stipend commensurate with experience.
Next position starting Late August/Early September. Minimum 3 months time commitment.
Teaching Artist responsibilities include:
- Leading approximately twelve 45-minute general music education classes each week for students in grades 2-5.
- Teaching up to five hours of private piano/voice lessons (beginner to beginning-intermediate) each day for students in grades 6-12. Option to teach other instruments including drums, guitar, violin, flute, clarinet.
- Lead the school choir in three to four rehearsals each week.
- Planning and teaching age-appropriate and culturally-appropriate lessons that focus on the development of soft skills.
- Preparing choir performances as requested and needed by school administration.
- Saturdays and Sundays off• Regular collaboration and communication with Shanti Bhavan and Broadway’s Babies staff members.
- Support and implementation of school-wide behavior management techniques in the classroom.
Requirements: must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Music Performance or Education.
To apply, email [email protected] with your resume and a brief cover letter.
Note: Applicants posessing most but not all of the teaching qualifications (teaching private voice and piano lessons, teaching elementary music classes, leading the choir) are still encouraged to apply. The fellowship’s responsibilities can be shared by two simultaneous teachers with complimentary skill-sets.