Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project seeks a highly motivated and proactive professional to fill our Strategic Partnerships Associate (SPA) position. Reporting to the Global Operations Manager, the Strategic Partnerships Associate will be a self-starter, whose primary responsibilities include individual and corporate fundraising, and an individual who has a strong ability to acquire and retain new donors while working alongside a team of mission-driven professionals.
- Identify and acquire new donors with specific attention to wealth capacity and philanthropic inclination
- Develop individualized goals, strategies, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans to ensure a strategic partnership with each current and prospective donor partner
- Conceive and implement special events for current or prospective donor partners, including tailored follow-ups so that special events are an authentic component of strategic partnerships
- Maintain and analyze database records to track donors, donor prospects, and gifts to retain and increase long-term engagement
- Coordinate with other Shanti Bhavan staff to ensure consistency and coordination in donor outreach and stewardship efforts
- Create enduring relationships and explore funding opportunities
- Remain current with new resources and technologies relevant to prospect research
Successful Applicant Qualifications
- Proactive, resourceful, and determined professional with experience in donor acquisition and retention
- Proven track record in partnership management/client service experience, including customizable programs and initiatives to drive business performance
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple high-priority tasks and responsibilities under tight deadlines and schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at developing and pitching persuasive presentations
- A solutions-focused, personable, respectful, and highly organized approach to work
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- A flexible schedule to accommodate calls and meetings in various global time zones
- Perseverance and persistence regarding follow-ups on potential opportunities
- Must have working experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace
- A willingness to learn Asana, Slack, Classy, Copper, and wealth-screening platforms
- Previous experience working with these tools is considered an asset
- A passion for social change and ending global poverty
- The ability to commit 160 hours a month to this full-time position
- Anticipated start date: May 2023
- This is a full-time remote position (approximately 160 hours per month) with a preference for candidates based in North America
About Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project
Shanti Bhavan has been in existence for nearly 26 years and has been profiled on the Discovery Channel, ABC World News, NPR, Glamour Magazine’s “Get Schooled” video series, and in books and periodicals, such as Thomas Friedman’s The World Is Flat and the New York Times. In 2017, the four-part Netflix Original Documentary series Daughters of Destiny featured Shanti Bhavan.
Shanti Bhavan serves children of the lowest caste. All the children in the program hail from socio-economically depressed areas of India and are mainly from the “untouchable,” or Dalit, communities. The mission of Shanti Bhavan is to empower children from India’s lowest socioeconomic class to break the cycle of generational poverty through education, leadership, and compassion. Each child is provided full tuition and room and board while attending school. Shanti Bhavan means “haven of peace,” and the school truly is a haven for students from prekindergarten to twelfth grade. They receive a world-class education in a safe and nurturing environment.
Prospective applicants are advised to watch the documentary Daughters of Destiny on Netflix and visit our website before applying.
Send a resume and cover letter describing your eligibility to [email protected] with “STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS ASSOCIATE” in the subject line of your email.
Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.